Nurse-Family Partnership® is a nurse-led, evidence based home visitation program proven to significantly improve the health, well-being, and economic self-sufficiency for children and their families. Nurse-Family Partnership matches each first-time mothers-to-be with a registered nurse who visits her in her home during and after pregnancy. The visits continue after the birth of her baby until the child turns two years old. Nurse-Family Partnership is a free program to all eligible women.
In addition to providing health education about pregnancy and newborn care, the nurse is a source of support and resources in all areas which the client finds a need. Together, they work to accomplish goals set by the mother, such as continuing their educational path and employment. With over 30 years of experience, Nurse-Family Partnership currently serves more than 30,000 families in 43 states, 6 tribal communities, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Positive outcomes for clients served by Texas’ Nurse-Family Partnership include:
- 89% babies born are full term
- 91% babies born are at a healthy weight
- 87% of mothers initiate breastfeeding
- 93% of children received all recommended immunizations by 24 months
(Statistics from the NFP National Office)
Who can get help through this program?
A mother-to-be can get help through this program if she:
- Does not have other children
- Signs up by the 28th week of her pregnancy
- Has an income that is at or below the 185 percent of the federal poverty level
- Is a resident of Wichita County
If interested in participating please contact the Nurse-Family Partnership® Program, Community Healthcare Center, at (940) 766-6306 Ext. 2125.
Find Nurse-Family Partnership for Wichita County on Facebook.
You may also request more information through the online form below.
Nurse-Family Partnership Information Request Form
* Indicates a required field.